Saturday, May 30, 2009

VW Van!!

May 30, 2009


My principal, Chris, asked me to make a cake for his wife for their anniversary. What type of cakes do you consider when you think of anniversary? Flowers? Hearts? What about a VW van? Yeah, it was a first for me too.

Apparently, his wife has always wanted a VW van, so he thought he would get her one for their anniversary. I just hope she enjoyed her surprise.

I had a hard time carving the cake. I try my best now to waste cake when I carve it into shapes. I used two 9X13 cakes to make the van. I think I needed to use three. I had to trip the edges to add another level of height. But once I got the butter cream icing on the cake, the shape began to take hold. I make marshmallow fondant daisies to help "authenticate" the van.

I am very please with the way it turned out. The more I work with marshmallow fondant, the more comfortable I feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I appreciate your input. Have a great day! Britney