Saturday, May 30, 2009

Payton's Birthday

May 16, 2009

My parents' neighbors are close friends of ours, family really. Well, their granddaughter Payton turned eight and wanted a Littlest Pet Shop birthday cake. I had real optimistic hopes for the cake design. I had originally thought of carving the cake in the shape of a paw print. I also thought I would create the Littlest Pet Shop animals out of marshmallow fondant. But neither one happened. Once my aspirations were crushed I ran into a creative block. I didn't carve the cake, because I wanted to make sure there would be enough cake for everyone.


The cake had a large paw print on the top of the cake make out of marshmallow fondant. As a finishing touch, I used butter cream icing to make small paw prints around the sides. I made a quick trip to Wal-mart and bought toys to put on top of the cake. Luckily Payton had been wanting the animals I picked, so she was tickled just the same. Initially I wasn't too fond of this cake; but I am much happier about it now.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I appreciate your input. Have a great day! Britney