Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Margaret Turn's 90!

May 10, 2009

What better day to celebrate a 90th birthday than Mother's Day. My friend Alice's mother just turned 90. Her family threw her a beautiful party. I was fortunate enough to be asked to make the cake. Alice told me that when she and her siblings were growing up, her mother always had fresh flowers in the house. So I used that as my inspiration for her birthday cake.

I tried a new trick with this cake. I used my rubber stamps, that I use for scrap booking, to stamp the letters on the cake. I think it worked rather well. I left indentions then piped over top with icing. It gave me a chance to experiment with other "fonts".

I delivered the cake on Saturday afternoon, so I didn't get to place the flowers myself. I offered a couple of suggestions, and left the flowers. So I never got to see the finished cake. They promised to send pictures so I could see how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I appreciate your input. Have a great day! Britney