Saturday, May 30, 2009

Thomas the Train Takes a Trip

May 29,2009
My assistant Principal, Lisa, has a son who is turning 3. Jackson is having is party at the Transportation Museum in Spencer, NC. I thought that was pretty cool! So I was asked to make a Thomas the train cake. I am so fortunate to have a mother who make our cakes growing up. Not only did we have awesome cakes, but she still has all of her cakes pans. So I borrowed her 3D train pan to make the train. I know that Thomas is a Tank engine and his body isn't exactly like the cake pan, but it was still pretty close. Next time I make this cake I think I'll put some supports underneath the train cake. Since it's a narrow cake it had pressure points where the cake had a tendency to lean. It's always a learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I appreciate your input. Have a great day! Britney