Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Book Fair

April 3, 2009

Hooray For Hollywood!

The theme book fair theme was "Lights...Camera...Book Fair", so everything was Hollywood. I was really concerned when I first started designing the cake. I felt like I could never get the "vibe", but with a little help from some co-workers the design finally revealed itself. I used print outs of Silver screen stars and ribbon to create a film effect. I also decorated the cake with marshmallow fondant stars, movie cameras, and film reels. I was really pleased with how well the 3D film reels turned out. I even piped buttercream onto the black marshmallow fondant to look like the individual film frames.


Chocolate Basket Weave


Once a month our staff takes turns bringing in food for everyone to enjoy. This month was my month, so I thought I would make an Easter basket cake. But since I had the Hollywood cake due on the same day, I scaled the basket cake down. My favorite part of the cake was the flavor. It was chocolate cake with peanut butter cream cheese filling and covered with chocolate butter cream. I set the cake out at 8:00AM, but 8:30 the only thing left was the cardboard base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I appreciate your input. Have a great day! Britney