Thursday, April 9, 2009

Seeing Spots...No wait, I mean Paisley!

Cristan's Bridal Shower Cake



There are times when I am given "free reign" over the design of the cake. In this instance my only parameters were: 1. butter cream icing 2. wedding colors are chocolate and muted lime. This left open a world of possibilities, and I LOVE the chocolate and lime combination. When I heard of the colors, I automatically thought...PAISLEY!!




So I went surfing the net and found a wedding invitation that had lime, chocolate and teal paisley. Of course, a paisley cake just would do if it wasn't shaped like paisley. Now, I finally had an excuse to buy the paisley cake pans.



I used the middle sized cake and double stacked it. I had to do a little carving to make the layers match up in the back. I am very happy how smooth the icing turned out. Overall, this is one of my favorite cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I appreciate your input. Have a great day! Britney