Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bra Bonanza!!

June 24, 2009


I never knew that a cake that looks like underwear would be so popular. This is my 3rd bra cake. I made the first one for my friend Maria's 40th birthday because I don't like the whole "over the hill" idea. But it has been my most requested cake. I tried to make each one distinctive from the next, improving my technique all the while.


I used a combination of butter cream, white chocolate, and marshmallow fondant to cover the cake.The cake is covered in butter cream. The bra cups are white chocolate. The bra straps, stripes and flower border is made of marshmallow fondant. I did use tan colored fondant to cover the top of the bra. Since it is vertical it is hard to get the butter cream smooth without messing up the base cake. I try to write the name on the cake before I put the bra on top. When I write the name last I am worried I bump into them and mess them up.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone loved the cake!! Julie and Shelly each took a "boob" home!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I appreciate your input. Have a great day! Britney