Monday, February 8, 2010

Laundry Basket Baby shower Cake

February 7, 2010

My sister helped throw a Daddy baby shower. The daddy was not going to be able to attend the baby showers because he would be out of town working. So his family and friends threw a small shower for him and his soon to be daughter.


They didn't want the theme to be too girlie since it was a Daddy shower. So they started off with a pink camo theme. They had bought the baby a cute pink camo dress with Bambi on the front that said "Daddy's little Deer". So with the help of the party planners I made a laundry basket full of girlie goodies made of marshmallow fondant: camo blanket, hairbrush, rattle, pacifier, teddy bear, onsie, bib, and bottle. I also made baby booties out of marshmallows covered in butter cream icing. The new technique I tried out on the camo blanket. I used a green base for the blanket and then put pieces of pink and white on top then blended them together with a rolling pen. Some of the fondant pieces blended better than others, but overall I as pleased with the outcome.


1 comment:

  1. Truly lovely baby shower cake. Couple of months ago, I arranged my cousin’s baby shower party at a lovely venue New York. Decorated this venue with fresh and lovely colorful flowers and beautiful ornaments and had a great party there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I appreciate your input. Have a great day! Britney