Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake

October 11, 2009


Natalie turned 3. She had a Strawberry Shortcake party. Now I am a true blue Strawberry Shortcake fan. I'm not diggin the red-head in jeans being passed of for S.S. But I wouldn't let my personal opinions stand in the way of making a cake. :)


Amy found the inspiration picture on the Internet. I use the pictures as a jumping off point to include my own personal touch. The challenge for this cake was the overlay. i had never done one before. The picture just had the overlay cut and hanging over. I wanted to "dress it up" a bit, so I worked on making scalloped edged. I didn't get it perfect, but I thought the scalloped edge made a nice effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I appreciate your input. Have a great day! Britney